2016 Merry Christmas

The daily journal of all things, riding and otherwise, that are going on with our rider's lives.
harvey
MTA_Member_No: 06169

2016 Merry Christmas

Postby harvey » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:21 pm

I just want to take this opportunity to wish all of my friends in the MTA a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Happy and fun filled New Year.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

vtsjoe
MTA_Member_No: 01000

Re: 2016 Merry Christmas

Postby vtsjoe » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:26 pm

I am just dumbfounded at the actions or absence of the so-called Board of Directors have taken regarding this website and the MTA as a whole. It doesn't matter if you have a thousand members or a hundred, you all were elected to serve the membership. If you find you can't fulfill those obligations, you should just resign. If the club is planning on ceasing operations, you have an obligation and duty to inform what membership is left. It is quite obvious you will not attract any new members via this website (which you are using membership funds for) just for the lack of any viable input except from 3 or 4 members who you have ignored . . . not even a thank you as with Harvey's Xmas and New Years Greeting. GIVE IT UP!.

bikenut
MTA_Member_No: 04243

Postby bikenut » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:22 pm

Joe I think they did give it up for a long time . It is sad but I am glad I got out when i did. I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago when I was on the BOD and running the store and membership. I just come hear to see if any of the members I knew would post about rides or what they are up to now but that did not happen at all. So yes I think this club is done but no one wants to say it and get it over with and donate the funds left to some good organization. SO SAD it was a Very Good group and a fun group to belong to which we did for 25 years. Hope everyone is still healthy and riding as much as you can

vtsjoe
MTA_Member_No: 01000

Postby vtsjoe » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:59 pm

It seems like Phillip G. and Harvey W. are the only one who post about their rides. Always good to read about them. In the future, I will have to go to Facebook to read about them. Yes, it is SAD that the club has taken this direction. I believe that there are a couple of similar groups still going that started out as Venture riders but now have evolved into all-bike groups and of course many, many other local ones. It was a life changing time for me for some 14 years and although I don't ride any longer, I still have many friends which would not have happened if it wasn't for the VTS/MTA. You take care and Happy New Year.

Return to “Rider's Cafe”